Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hola from Huatulco!

I am in heaven. Simply as that. Huatulco, Mexico is by far my favorite stop on the itinerary as of yet. As I type, I am sitting at the top story of an open air cafe right in the middle of the town square. Birds are chirping all around me, and not in an obnoxious, piercing way, but rather with harmonious chords more often found in Disney movies. Come to think of it, I feel almost like I am in a fantasy here, though instead of my gorgeous ballgown I spend the day in sweats and nights in bedazzled pants suits and polka dot bikinis. Other than that though, I am a true Princess aboard the Island Princess.

Maybe my giddy mood is due in large part to the fact that we are finally settled into our real cabins that we will inhabit for the duration of the cruise. Up until now, it has been a life in transit, swapping passenger staterooms every turn-around day, going bonkers every time I had to pack up and ship out. Yesterday, for the first time in what seems like ages, I was able to finally toss my empty suitcases under my bed and say "Adios" for the next five months. Panda has his rightful place on my bed, pictures have been stuck to the walls, and hot pot is set up and ready for business. The only strange part is that we STILL have not put up all of the shows. "Motor City" looms on the horizon. Five more days, that beast will be up, and then the relaxation shall begin. For now, I am in my happy place, as we have two nights in a row performing "Piano Man" my utter favorite, where I can wear feathers, bust out a high C, do some kick ballchanges, and end the night curled up in my own bed. It doesn't get any better than that!


SO till next time, peace, love, and tortillas!

No comments: