Friday, January 4, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane... again...


(PANDY ON THE PLANE. A TRUE WORLD TRAVELER)

...my body is so confused. As I type, I am sitting in an airport in Houston, downing a hot chocolate (still no coffee for me!) reeling from about a month of body clock confusion. From New York to Sacramento to LA to Sacramento (K, so those are the same time zone) to New York to Sacramento to Houston... the latter two flights being within the past 24 hours... I don't know whether to chug a red bull or a glass of red wine. My head hurts...

BUT it is all worth it because I am now officially en route to the Island princess. As of noon (in whatever time zone I'm headed) I shall be in Acapulco! Once there, it is a night a the Crowne Resort and then time to walk that gangplank (ships do have those, right? I'm truly a novice sailor!) It feels as though I have been waiting for an eternity for this day to arrive. The gap between rehearsals and now became at times almost too much to bear. Especially when praying for death while becoming an icicle in the New York frost, then nearly blown away in the torrents of a Sacramento Storm.

So I don't really know what the next 6 months will hold for me. I can only imagine what it is like to live on a boat, albeit a very, very large boat. So I guess I can only say here's to whatever future lies in wait for me. As I sing and dance my way across the Panama Canal, round the Mexican Riviera, through Alaskan glaciers... well, let's just pray I don't fall overboard!

Till next time, peace, love, and a suntan baby!

No comments: